Saturday, February 14, 2009

Jake Fraser


I made this hannya with blossoms for my brothers old apprentice, Jake, both he and I learnt under my brother, Dick, and we are both called Jake. I find that odd. Jake is currently traveling and working, I believe, in New York. Jake's a top guy and I had lots of fun doing this piece. I didn't want to mess around too much with this tattoo and kept it as simple as possible.

Jake played tennis for years and has what he referred to as 'drop shoulder'. I don't know if you can see by the photo but his right nipple is almost an inch lower than his left which made lining the tattoo up a nightmare.

I often wonder why front torso tattoos have so much more impact than back tattoos when they are very similar in shape and size??? I don't know what it is but I really like them.

1 comment:

Petri said...

Maybe it is a mental thing? Back tattoos are harder to see than frontal tattoos. Cool nonetheless. Reminds me of www.horikyo.com work